overweight, not obese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overweight, not obese

Are there prescription diet pills for people who are overweight and are struggling to get into their healthy weight range, but who are not obese? Are the prescriptions just for obese people?

Most prescription diet pills are designed for people who are obese and/or who are at a very high risk for developing life-threatening/serious illnesses, such as heart disease, diabetes, etc., because of their weight. Prescription drugs are very powerful for this reason, which is why they are not meant for just anyone and require doctor approval. That said, this doesn’t mean that someone who is not obese will not be able to take prescription meds. It really depends on what you and your doctor think are right for your body, you weight loss goals, and your health. It really boils down to benefits outweighing the risks and how important it is to your health that you lose weight.

Comment

Prescription diet drugs are pretty much for people who are obese. I took Phentermine when I fit into this category. Now I'm just overweight and I wouldn't go back on it. There are lots of other great alternatives. Essentially, think of it this way. Prescription diet drugs are extreme pills that are designed to help those who are extremely overweight. They can be really brutal on the body so if your'e going to take them its because their benefits are worth it and you need to lose a lot of weight sooner rather than later to benefit your health.

Comment

That really does suck though, doesn't it! I mean, you can get a drug to help you out when you're already past the obesity mark but nothing (from a prescription point of view) to help you to stop yourself from heading in that direction.

Comment

I'm glad that it's hard to get prescription diet pills. Those things are really dangerous and they don't actually do that much for losing weight. It's still a matter of making sure that you are doing what you need to do - diet and exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            I'm glad that it's hard to get prescription diet pills. Those things are really dangerous and they don't actually do that much for losing weight. It's still a matter of making sure that you are doing what you need to do - diet and exercise.
            Good point...still stinks, though haha

Comment

Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought.

Comment

Working...
              X