Types (categories) of prescription diet pill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types (categories) of prescription diet pill

As far as I can tell there are two categories of prescription diet pill: fat blockers and appetite suppressants. Is that the case or are there more? Any opinions on the options?

are there prescription fat burners, too? For some reason that sounds like something that exists, to me. Is that what Phentermine is?

Comment

I think that Phentermine is actually both of those things. Since it's a stimulant, it does keep your appetite down (and it's a pretty powerful difference), but it also increases your blood pressure and stimulates parts of your brain that causes an impact on other parts of your body so I think it speeds up your metabolism, too.

Comment

As far as I know, there are only prescription fat blockers and prescription appetite suppressants. All of them are pretty powerful. Personally I find appetite suppressants (ex. phentermine) to be better than fat blockers (ex.Xenical), but that's just my personal preference. Pamela Poison is right in that Phentermine kind of acts like both an appetite suppressant and fat burner. But there aren't really prescription fat burners because most drugs that contain stimulants, which are used to block the appetite, will also increase your energy, which can lead to fat burning.

Comment

I think it's only fat blockers and appetite suppressants that are available for prescription. I've never tried either so I don't really have an opinion on them. I have heard though that while they have powerful ingredients, they aren't all that effective for weight loss.

Comment

Are there no prescription carb blockers?

Comment

Working...
            X