Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any prescription drugs also contain non-prescription ingredients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any prescription drugs also contain non-prescription ingredients?

Are any of the ingredients in prescription diet pills also available in non-prescription diet pills? Like, is there a pill that has a strong ingredient in it that makes it prescription strength, but that also contains something else that is effective that isn't as strong so non-prescription pills have it, too?

That's a really good question. I don't think so. I say this only because there would be lots of OTC diet pills on the market claiming to work just as good as a prescription drug because they contain the same nonprescription ingredient, with the benefit that you don't get all the side effects and blah blah blah. I can't say I know of any herbal or nonprescription ingredient like that.

Comment

I also don't think so, because if that were the case, all the OTC companies would be selling the ingredient.

Comment

I didn't think of that but ya, you're right if that was the case, every OTC company under the sun would be flaunting it.

Comment

The only one I can think of OTC wise is Alli, which contains orlistat, which is also found in Xenical (the prescription version). Is that what you mean?

Comment

Working...
          X