when are side effects serious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when are side effects serious?

I was just wondering what’s the difference between side effects and serious side effects. If I’m getting a mild rash, is that bad?

A mild rash is just a minor side effect, but it’s also something you shouldn’t ignore. You might want to contact your doctor or pharmacist to let them know that you are having this adverse reaction and see what they tell you to do. Think of common side effects as “irritants” and serious side effects as dangerous. For instance, a side effect like a headache, rash, sleeplessness, etc. are mild but heart palpitations, difficulty breathing, numbness are serious. Hope that helps clarify things.

Comment

No adverse reaction should be ignored - not even a mild rash. At the same time, mild side effects like your rash doesn't mean that you should immediately stop taking the pills, medication or whatever it is you are taking, especially if it was prescribed to you by a doctor. I agree with Lady Greenfairy, you should contact your pharmacist or doctor, let them know about your reaction and ask them what you should do. It may be that it will clear up or it could get worse. Keep a close eye on it.

Comment

It's the worst if you pass out or if your breathing is restricted. That kind of thing!

Comment

Working...
        X