Is Phentermine addictive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Phentermine addictive?

I've heard that Phentermine has some pretty nasty side effects, but I've also heard that it can be habit forming, which I find quite disturbing. Is this true?

Yes, M-Stark334, Phentermine can be addictive, which is why those who take it must obtain a prescription from their doctor and be monitored while on it. Furthermore, you're only supposed to take Phentermine for a short time. It's not a long term treatment. I think the max you should be on it is something like 12 weeks. It contains ingredients in it that act like amphetamines. This is what helps to make it effective for weight loss, but at the same time cause also cause it to be habit forming. That isn't to say you will necessarily become a phentermine addict if you take the drug lol, but, yes, it can be addictive - another one of its less than pleasing side effects.

Comment

I agree, Freddy. It's really addictive. It's a problem because you will have withdrawal symptoms if you get off it the wrong way, but it also means that you'll build up a tolerance, so after a few weeks, it doesn't even really work anymore. If you take more than prescribed, you'll only end up with even more side effects and even more problems with addiction. I'd consider this a last resort.

Comment

it is addictive but only if you use too much of it or use it too long. If you follow your doctor's directions to the letter you'll probably not be bothered by it.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I admit, I was considering Phentermine to help with my weight loss, but I think I'll try something a little less intense to start and consider this as a last resort. I would like to lose weight quickly, but not at the expense of my health.

Comment

Working...
          X