Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there more than one type of phentermine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there more than one type of phentermine?

I used to be on phentermine but I stopped. Now I want to go back on and I have a friend who got a prescription for it filled and she doesn’t want it anymore. Is there more than one kind or can I take hers?

I was under the impression that there are different drugs sold under different brand names that all contain phentermine, it's just their other ingredients that are different. Like Adipex is name brand Phentermine, for instance. Is that what you mean by your question? That said, you shouldn't take prescription medication unless it was prescribed specifically for you by your doctor. If a drug is strong enough that it needs to be prescribed, your doctor should know that you are on it so he/she can monitor your progress.

Comment

As MeSarah said, there is more than one type as in there is more than one brand name and generic product. Like there is Adipex-P, Mirapront, Ionamin, Phenterex,Zantryl and lots of others. Not all of the different phentermine drugs that you may find listed online are still available. Some have been discontinued and some are only available in certain countries. Also, while the drugs pretty much all do the same thing since their primary ingredient is phentermine hydrochloride, there are some that are designed to be slow-release. They also may come in tablet or capsule form. That aside, I also agree with MeSarah that you should NOT take prescription drugs that were not prescribed directly to you. It doesn't matter if you have taken them before or not. If you think you'd like to go on Phentermine again, talk to you doctor, first.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use your friend's Phentermine. It might not be fresh anymore or it might not be the exact kind. You should probably ask your doctor and bring the pills with you so they can check to be sure that it's the exact thing you mean.

Comment

Ya, talking to your doctor will help you figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
            As MeSarah said, there is more than one type as in there is more than one brand name and generic product. Like there is Adipex-P, Mirapront, Ionamin, Phenterex,Zantryl and lots of others. Not all of the different phentermine drugs that you may find listed online are still available. Some have been discontinued and some are only available in certain countries. Also, while the drugs pretty much all do the same thing since their primary ingredient is phentermine hydrochloride, there are some that are designed to be slow-release. They also may come in tablet or capsule form. That aside, I also agree with MeSarah that you should NOT take prescription drugs that were not prescribed directly to you. It doesn't matter if you have taken them before or not. If you think you'd like to go on Phentermine again, talk to you doctor, first.
            Thanks for sharing this, Freddy. I didn't actually know this.

Comment

Working...
            X