Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal for non RX to mimic RX names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal for non RX to mimic RX names?

Have you ever noticed that if you typo a prescription drug name like Adipex, there’s always a nonprescription version that has the typo as its name? Is that legal?

It doesn't sound legal, but I don't know.

Comment

I don't know either, but in all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if it was. It's amazing what companies can get away with. That's why it's so important that we, as consumers, do our research and make sure we don't fall for these kinds of tricks.

Comment

I'd like to say "yes", but I think if I were to actually find out the real answer I'd be a little horrified and disappointed. Honestly, if' it is not illegal, it really should be!

Comment

I think it might be illegal if the names are TOO close. I jsut don't know if it's actually enforced. Especially when it's just sold online and not in stores.

Comment

I just tried to search for the answer on Google, but I can't find it

Comment

I don't think it is legal, but that being said, it's obvious that manufacturers are good at getting away with it and clearly the laws are not stiff enough since it does seem to happen all the time. That' why it's really up to us to make sure we read everything and protect ourselves. No one else has our best interests at heart.

Comment

Working...
              X