Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever tried prescription diet drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever tried prescription diet drugs?

About a year ago I took Adipex. I had a terrible time on it, and had to eventually stop taking it because the side effects were too much for me. The worst side effects for me were the mood swings, insomnia, and high anxiety. I’m curious if anyone else has or has not taken prescription diet drugs and created this poll for overall personal opinion and experience.

Thanks for taking part!

I don't really like the idea of prescription drugs all that much for weight loss, but I admit that I've been considering it. I've been having a lot of luck with an OTC, but at the same time, I've been dieting for a long time (I had a total of 80 pounds to lose from the start) and if I can get to my goal faster, I'd really like that. I'm just afraid that the side effects might be really hard on me. Plus, because I've lost quite a bit of weight from the start, I'm not sure if I'd still be able to qualify for them because I'm not sure if I meet the minimum BMI. I've got an appointment on Tuesday with my doctor. We'll see!

Comment

I've read too many horror stories about people having terrible side effects or even dying from these pills (possibly because misused, I don't know). I wouldn't try them now.

Comment

I have never tried prescription diet drugs, but I admit that I have been thinking about it. What concerns me and what has prevented me from trying them are the side effects. I've heard that they can be very brutal on the body, and I recently learned that diet drugs like Phentermine can be habit forming. More and more, I'm starting to think that it's really just not worth the health risk.

Comment

I don't trust prescription diet drugs. The ingredients and potential side effects are far to eeek! for me. I had a friend who took Adipex-P and she got really ill taking it. She wasn't sleeping properly and it was like she had an entire personality makeover - it wasn't pretty. So it's a big No for me.

Comment

Prescriptions should be a last resort...ok second last Surgery is the last resort.

Comment

Although I've never tried prescription diet drugs and I wouldn't make it my first option, I certainly wouldn't ever rule it out. First of all, there may come a time in your life when the benefits of taking it outweigh the risks of not taking it. For another thing, they keep improving medication all the time and making new formulas. The stuff that is available today, will hopefully only get better with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                Prescriptions should be a last resort...ok second last Surgery is the last resort.
                Couldn't have said it better, Bonnie. I completely agree with you. Prescription drugs should always be a last resort, especially with weight loss. There are so many other weight loss options out there that are WAY safer and better for you!

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
                  I have never tried prescription diet drugs, but I admit that I have been thinking about it. What concerns me and what has prevented me from trying them are the side effects. I've heard that they can be very brutal on the body, and I recently learned that diet drugs like Phentermine can be habit forming. More and more, I'm starting to think that it's really just not worth the health risk.
                  I'm not sure yet if I want to take prescription diet pills to help with my weight, particularly because of the side effects I've heard that they caused. That said, I had no idea that they could be addictive! Thanks for mentioning that M-Starkk334.

Comment

I have taken prescription drugs. I took Phentermine and it worked great. I had a few side effects but nothing I couldn't live with or that I didn't think was worth losing the weight I lost. My biggest regret is that I couldn't stay on it longer. So ya, there are lots of alternatives to prescription weight loss pills, and if you believe they are better for you and they work for you, more power to you. That said, sometimes, you need the powerful stuff to get results.

Comment

I took phentermine when I was at my heaviest. At the time I'm glad I did it, but I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone who wants to lose weight. It was very hard on my body. I was really irritable and depressed when I was on it. I was also really tired all the time. It should be a last resort for anyone thinking about taking it. The risks of taking it really do need to outweigh the benefits.

Comment

I've never tried them but I would definitely consider it if they work. I think it's worth the risk if they can help. It's not easy losing weight for some people. I certainly wouldn't knock it without actually experiencing it. I don't think it's necessarily a first option, but it may be the only option for some people.

Comment

I never tried them an I wouldnt. There r better and safer weight loss treatments to try.

Comment

Working...
                          X