Screening for prescription drugs needs to be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening for prescription drugs needs to be better

Far too much of the ability to have a prescription drug approved for sale in the United States is based on politics and money. It is unacceptable that the health and well being of Americans (and other people around the world) should come second to the profits of corporations and the political system that is in such disarray right now when it comes to getting anything done. I think that the system needs to be taken, turned upside down, and shaken until it actually puts the health and wellbeing of people first.

Couldn't agree with you more. I hope more people agree with us and make an issue about it. Then something may actually get done and positive changes will be made!

Comment

I agree. It does. But we, as a society, are part of the problem. We need to start demanding change and start taking greater responsibility for our own health. Things won't get better until we start complaining and demanding that things be done differently. If we want these corporations to care about our health and wellbeing, we need to start showing them how much we care about it, first.

Comment

It does need 2 be better. As much as we do need 2 take responsibility 4 our own health we also should be able 2 trust the institutions that have been designed 2 protect us.

Comment

WolfMoon - I couldn't agree more. We all need to take part when we want to make a positive change. If we sit at home and complain, then nothing is done. If we do something about it in a positive and constructive manner, then we can be a part of the driving force behind the right movements.

Lady Greenfairy - Exactly. While we do need to take responsibility over our own health, we also need to trust in the regulators and systems that are in place by the experts in the medical field. We need to be able to trust what experts tell us because we can't all be experts in everything. Therefore, if we can bring the systems to the point that we trust them, and we do our own homework, we can all enjoy much better overall health and reduce the risk of safety issues.

BabyButtons - That is exactly what I mean. I feel like we are quite aligned in our opinions here.

Comment

Who do we contact about something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
              Who do we contact about something like this?
              Maybe the FTC. Is it possible 2 contact them?

Envirotodd - i'm glad i get u!

Comment

It would probably be best to contact both the FTC and the FDA about this type of thing. The problem with this is actually being able to reach someone who will take it seriously and not just provide a response that is a canned answer about how much they value our feedback and take it all seriously. Still, if we all make some kind of contact, then every voice counts. If they hear about the same thing enough times, maybe they will start to make an effort. It wouldn’t hurt to contact your local congressperson, either, since bills need to be passed if the FTC or FDA are to be able to have the authority to actually take new action.

Comment

Working...
                X