No announcement yet.

Are all brands of phentermine the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all brands of phentermine the same?

I know that there are lots of different types of prescription drugs that use Phentermine. What I'm wondering are they all the same but just marketed under different names? I find that kind of thing so confusing.

I think they're supposed to be the same, but I guess there could be a difference like other brands vs generic of the same thing. I never understood that.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are all the same. I thought it was only the names that are different. Don't they legally have to be the same?

Comment

I think they should be the same except for the inactive ingredients. Like I would imagine the drug dosage of phentermine is the same for all of them but the extra stuff (dyes, gleatin, etc.) might be different, but I have no idea if that would alter the drug.

Comment

That's a really good question, Lady Greenfairy. I guess if they are considered to be inactive ingredients then they are supposed to be neutral and not have any "active' impact on the way that the drug works. I wonder how much it needs to be tested to prove that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            That's a really good question, Lady Greenfairy. I guess if they are considered to be inactive ingredients then they are supposed to be neutral and not have any "active' impact on the way that the drug works. I wonder how much it needs to be tested to prove that, though.

Hmm...good question brighstar. I have heard that some generics are different than brand name medications and don't necessarily produce the same results. I hope that wouldn't be the case for diet drugs, too.

Comment

Working...
            X