Side effects you can expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side effects you can expect

I’m just wondering what kind of side effects you can actually expect from prescription diet drugs. I mean, I know that they all have long lists of side effects, but what are the ones that pretty much happen all the time or for most of the people who take them. Do all of them make you jittery?

It really depends on the ingredients of the drug. But if you're taking about medications like Phentermine, Adipex and all those ones, the most common side effects that people experience are sleeplessness, high energy, dry mouth, headache, nervousness and irritability. Taking it for too long can also cause addiction.

Comment

I think it's different from person to person. That said, I agree with TroyBurger in regard to the side effects he listed, because those seem to be the ones most commonly reported. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that if you don't take the pills as directed, they will end up effecting you in a bad way - jitters, insomnia, etc. I don't think addiction is much of a problem unless you're on it for too long, which you shouldn't be if a doctor is monitoring your progress. I imagine that the side effects you experience may also depend on what you eat or drink. Like, if you ingest a lot of caffeine, that's like to to make any stimulant-related symptoms worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyBurger View Post
        It really depends on the ingredients of the drug. But if you're taking about medications like Phentermine, Adipex and all those ones, the most common side effects that people experience are sleeplessness, high energy, dry mouth, headache, nervousness and irritability. Taking it for too long can also cause addiction.
        Geeze! How bad can the addiction be?

Comment

Working...
        X