Is there any real difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any real difference?

I know there are lots of prescription drugs for weight loss that are appetite suppressants. My question is are they all different or are they all pretty much the same thing only with different names?

I think when it comes to their design, they are all supposed to be able to provide about the same level of appetite suppression. I think that when it comes to their research, they’ve been shown to be about the same. But when it comes to reality, I think that it all depends on your body. You may have more luck with one over the other even though they’re both supposed to be equally effective.

Comment

They are different but the whole point to them (which is to suppress your appetite) is the same. So, as Bethie said, you may have more luck with one over the other. That said, they all pretty much work the same by tricking your brain into thinking your stomach is full...at least that's how I understand it.

Comment

I think that it's a matter of finding out what is right for you. THere are phentermine based ones and phendimetrazine based ones and a few others, but everyone's body is different. you just have to find the one that gives you the best benefits and the lowest side effects.

Comment

Thanks everyone. You've all made some pretty good points. I'll take them all into consideration.

Comment

Working...
          X