RX diet pills and SSRIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX diet pills and SSRIs

Why can't you take weight loss drugs with SSRIs? Also, does this apply to conditions, as well. What I mean is if you're not taking SSRIs but you have depression or an anxiety disorder, should you still not take diet drugs?

SSRIs conflict with a lot of foods, drinks and supplement ingredients. YOu should really ask a doctor or pharmacist for help on this one. It could easily cause a conflict

Comment

They would probably be fine, depending on your dose. It's good to ask, but most are likley fine

Comment

Definitely talk to your doctor. If you have an anxiety disorder or depression, this is something that should be brought to your doctor's attention before you are prescribed diet pills. He/she can answer any questions you may have and they will monitor you while you are on the pills, so they'll be able to see how you're doing.

Comment

Depression and anxiety drugs cause weight gain, too

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
            Depression and anxiety drugs cause weight gain, too

I agree KittyKatt. A friend of mine took an anti-depressant (I can't remember which one) and he put on extra weight. He said that he just couldn't ever feel full. As soon as he got off the drug,though, he went back to the size he was before he started taking it. It's kind of freaky what those drugs can do to your mind...

Comment

Thanks for all your opinions.

KittyKatt - I didn't know that anxiety drugs caused depression. That's awful!

Comment

Working...
              X