No announcement yet.

can you drink when using rx diet pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you drink when using rx diet pills?

if you get a prescription for diet pills like adipex is it safe to drink on occasion like a couple of beers or some wine if you go out to dinner?

There's always risk of problem when combining RX meds with alcohol. If you really want to play it safe, it would be best just to avoid it. That said if you want to drink socially on occasion I would assess your tolerance. Have one small - low alcoholic beverage - and drink it slowly. You'll know pretty quickly if it's affecting you in the wrong way or not. Also, if you're really concerned about this, ask your doc his/her opinion.

Comment

Technically you probably shouldn't. I'm sure if you read the instructions and warning pamphlet that comes with your prescription drugs you will find that avoiding alcohol is one of the things mentioned.

Comment

I agree that you should look for a warning on the bottle itself or in any information that your drugstore provides you with (not all drugstores do that but some of the really good ones do). Otherwise, just ask your pharmacist when you have it filled. If she doesn't know, she can check.

Comment

I don't think you should just because if yu're taking pills to lose weight then you're just putting the pounds back on with alcohol! YOu're working against yourseulf!

Comment

Working...
          X