Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a guarantee that you'll lose weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a guarantee that you'll lose weight?

If I take Phentermine or another prescription diet pill will I lose weight even if it's not necessarily how much I want to lose? My understanding is that I should because otherwise, what is the point of taking a product that potentially has extreme side effects.

I wish! But no, there really isn't. Phentermine doesn't come with a guarantee and none of the others do either. None actually cause you to lose weight. Some can just help you when you diet and exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
      I wish! But no, there really isn't. Phentermine doesn't come with a guarantee and none of the others do either. None actually cause you to lose weight. Some can just help you when you diet and exercise.
      TinaDancer is right. There really isn't any drug or OTC diet pill out there that can guarantee weight loss. They can help you in your efforts but if you lose weight and how much you lose is entirely up to you and based on what you eat, how much you eat and how much you exercise. Prescription diet drugs are designed to help make making necessary lifestyle changes for weight loss more manageable.

Comment

I'll just throw my two cents in there by saying that nothing - no pill, no diet, no exercise, nothing guarantees that you will lose weight no matter what it is.

Comment

Okay. So then these pills are just supposed to help make following diet and exercise easier but they guarantee absolutely no weight loss at all...got it. That's good to know, because now I'm wondering if it's even worth taking these pills.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerzWild View Post
            Okay. So then these pills are just supposed to help make following diet and exercise easier but they guarantee absolutely no weight loss at all...got it. That's good to know, because now I'm wondering if it's even worth taking these pills.
            Just because somethign isn't guaranteed, it doesn't mean it won't work. But you're right that it's good to know what you should or shouldn't expect when you try something new. Good luck with what you choose.

Comment

Working...
            X