Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which exercise do you think is best for weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which exercise do you think is best for weight loss?

Naturally, the best way to lose weight is to perform a bunch of different exercises instead of just one type. That said, If you could pick only one exercise for weight loss, that you would consider to be the best one which one would you pick?
    Cardio/Aerobic Exercises
    55.00%
    Strength Training Exercises
    25.00%
    Yoga & Other Similar Bendy Exercises
    15.00%
    Other (be specific and don't say "all of the above")
    5.00%

Ok so here's what I really think about it. I do think that cardio is the one that is best for losing weight because it is the one that burns the most calories. If you lift weights, you don't blast through calories liek you do if you're running or swimming. But at the same time, if you strenght training you build up all these bigger muscles that help you to burn more calories when you're idle. If you do yoga then you sleep better and reduce stress while you also make it easier to do other exercises because you're more flexible. So they all make a difference but for the one that has the biggest impact on its own, I really have to say cardio.

Comment

If you want to count the calories you burn just during the workout, then sure, the cardio is going to do the most. But if you want a result that really keeps working for you, then build up your lean muscle mass! Then while you’re sitting on the couch between workouts, your body will continue working for you because muscles are calorie burning machines

Comment

Cardio! All the way. If you do your own test and do all of your workouts for a week as cardio exercises and then do them for a week with strength training, you'll see that you'll lose way more with cardio. Cardio is what works your muscles and your cardiovascular system the most and burns the calories. It shouldn't be all you do, but out of 5 workouts a week, make it 3.

Comment

I'd have to say cardio. Burning the fat is really what will help you lost the most.

Comment

Yoga! Bendy exercises are great for weight loss. When you are more flexible and limber, your body is able to do more.

Comment

Cardio. You need to move to really drop pounds. Strength training and yoga are added bonuses, but the most important one is cardio.

Comment

Strength training is the most important in my experience. I find that whenever I do this type of exercise first, it gives me the motivation to do others. It challenges your body and also gives it more power, so you have better endurance.

Comment

Cardio is the most important. You can stretch or life as many weights as you want, but you have to move to shed the weight.

Comment

Yup, I'm jumping on the cardio bandwagon. It really is the best if you want to shed a lot of weight. Strength training and stretching exercises are better when you're trying to tone your body.

Comment

The answer is none. There is no form of exercise that is better than another. All are necessary for the best weight loss results. Each provide their own benefit that cannot be achieved by the other. Therefore, they are all essential.

Comment

Personally, if I had to pick one, I'd say yoga. You certainly don't drop the weight as fast as you would with cardio, but I feel great after I do it.

Comment

I find I feel the most burn when I do situps and pushups. U need 2 sweat 2 burn the fat.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
                            The answer is none. There is no form of exercise that is better than another. All are necessary for the best weight loss results. Each provide their own benefit that cannot be achieved by the other. Therefore, they are all essential.
                            Good job WolfMoon...way to state the obvious and miss the point of the poll dude.

Comment

I swear by walking every single day (briskly) and then tossing in a couple of extra exercises on top of that every week. So since the foundation is walking, I'd say cardio is most important.

And WolfMoon, I totally understand what you meant. I don't think you missed the point.

Comment

Working...
                              X