Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good weight loss exercises when you have a bad back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any good weight loss exercises when you have a bad back?

Hi, I've always had a bad back and because of that, I've struggled with performing exercises, which is bad since exercise is really needed for weight loss. Do anyone know of any exercises that I could try that won't kill my back or have any other suggestions? I would really appreciate it, thanks

I'd recommend walking or swimming. Just make sure you have a good pair of shoes when you exercise, so that they provide you with the right support. Also, stretch before you do any exercise and take it slow.

Comment

You could just go for a good walk if you have a bad back but it's not actually injured at the time. Yoga might be good for you, too, but make sure that you go to a good class instead of going for a video and trying it on your own. Swimming, like MeSarah said, too, is good. YOu might like an exercise bike if it has a comfortable seat and doesn't cause you to have to lean in a weird way.

Comment

When I had a bad back, I found walking and yoga to be the best exercises for it. You will likely want to avoid strength training exercises until your back muscles are a little stronger. It is too easy to injure yourself doing these types of exercises unless you really know what you're doing. As Bruce, suggested, make sure if you do yoga that you go to a good class or have a good trainer. It's really easy to injure yourself if you only follow a video.

Comment

Yes! Try Yoga! It can be very helpful for your back. However, as Tony1968 and Bruce have said, you really shouldn't just follow a video. Go to an actual class and let the instructor know that your back is hurting you. They may be able to provide you with specific moves to help with that.

Comment

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind. Swimming was actually quite helpful. It took a lot of strain of my back. The gym I've joined does offer some yoga classes, so I might check that out.

Comment

Working...
            X