Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What foods are best to eat before exercising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What foods are best to eat before exercising?

I know that it's recommended that you should eat something before you work out, but I'm not sure what is best. I also don't know how many calories I should eat prior to working out, and how long I should wait after I eat to exercise. If anyone can answer these questions, that would be greatly appreciated

Have something thatll give u protein & good carbs. You need the right kind of energy! Eat a piece of wholegrain toast with peanut butter and half a banana cut up on top. U can also add cinnamon 4 some flavor. Its a good idea 2 wait at least an hour after eating before u exercise.

Comment

BabyButtons does make a good suggestion. Just make sure that you don't eat it immediately before you work out. Give yourself some time to digest a little bit. Otherwise you could end up with digestive upset or cramping when you start moving around. The last thing that you want when you're trying to get through a workout is abdominal pain or to feel sick. By the way, I never would have thought of adding cinnamon to peanut butter and banana toast. Good thinking, BabyButtons!

Comment

• BabyButtons
        BabyButtons commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank u envirotodd!! I love cinnamon!

I hate to break up the love fest between enviroTodd and BabyButtons but I think the best way to eat when you're going to workout is to consume protein about a half hour ahead of your workout and then consume something with carbs immediately afterward. Choose something lean and nutrient dense. That will help you to stay energized thorughout your workout and you'll avoid getting hungry shortly afterward.

Comment

Thanks for asking that question SuzieQ and thanks for the tips 1000kilowatts and your toast suggestion does sound awfully good BabyButtons. The only other thing I'd suggest is in addition to eating, make sure you are well hydrated before, during and after you exercise.

Comment

Thanks for the tips about eating and ya, good point about hydration, JokerzWild.

Comment

Working...
          X