Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a good treadmill for beginners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a good treadmill for beginners?

I was wondering if anyone had any advice about a quality entry-level treadmill machine. I’m looking for a pretty simple machine that isn’t too loud. Can anyone provide me with some good buying tips? Thanks.

There's lots of great products on the market. What you really want to pay attention to when you buy any exercise machine is the warranty. What does it include and how long do you have it? If the parts and labour of a machine are only covered for a year, that should raise some red flags. If the machine breaks in the second year, it could cost you a pretty penny to fix it. Shop around and compare pricing and specs. Also, know what you want out of the machine. Some tredmills feature LED dsplays, monitor your heart rate, have different speeds, different inclines, and even come pre-programmed with workout. Research what's available and you'll find it easier to make your choice.

Comment

In addition to what TeensyTiff said, something else to keep in mind when you're in the market to buy is to look for a machine that can monitor your heart rate, tells you how many calories you are burning, and provides you with a hookup for your iPod, iPhone or other mp3 player, if you like to listen to music while you workout..

Comment

Instead of buying a treadmill and teaching your body that walking is punishment, buy yourself a very good pair of walking shoes and get outside. Walk around your neighborhood or along a nature trail. The challenge is better because the surface is uneven, you'll go up and down hills, you'll receive some sunlight, and you'll breathe fresh air. Your body will associate positive energies with walking instead of feeling like a rat in a wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Envirotodd – I do walk, but when the weather gets too nasty out during the cold months, ice and lots of snow where I live makes it difficult to get a good walk where you get your heart rate up and really get a workout. There are just some days during the winter when you really can’t just go for a walk outside. It’s just too dangerous.

Comment

Working...
          X