Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an ideal time of day to exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an ideal time of day to exercise?

Is it better to exercise in the morning, afternoon or the evening? Does the time of day really make a difference to your weight loss goals, health or body? Also, is it better to exercise before or after you eat? Thanks!

I think that it's best first thing in the morning, but I think that it's most practical in the afternoon/evening (after work before dinner)

Comment

It's good to do it before you start your regular day. You should eat and drink something before you exercise, but nothing too heavy. Food gives you energy.

Comment

I don't know if there is an ideal time, but personally I enjoy exercising in the late afternoon. That's always been my favourite time of the day for exercising because that's when I'm the most mentally lazy. When it comes to exercising, I think what is important is that you do it. When you do it doesn't matter as much as making sure it gets done at some point during the day. Choose the time that works best for you. You might find that it is always the same time of the day or you may discover that you prefer the morning one day and the afternoon the next. If you try to force yourself to do exercises when you really don't want to, you'll only end up finding excuses not to do them.

Comment

Personally I like the morning for exercise, but I don't think it really makes a difference when you workout, as long as you do it. As for eating, you should definitely eat before exercising (you need energy). Eat a half hour or so before. Nothing too heavy but something high in protein.

Comment

Personally, I find I exercise best in the evening when my work day is done. It helps me blow off steam and changes my mental focus. When I’m done, I can then enjoy the rest of my evening as I’d like and I don’t have work on the brain as much. By doing it this way, I find I look forward to exercising.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              Personally, I find I exercise best in the evening when my work day is done. It helps me blow off steam and changes my mental focus. When I’m done, I can then enjoy the rest of my evening as I’d like and I don’t have work on the brain as much. By doing it this way, I find I look forward to exercising.
              I feel the same way. I'd never get motivated enough to exercise in the morning, but I can do things that are really intense cardio in the evening because I'm getting all of my frustrations out through energy burning. I find I sleep really great at night when I do that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts I think I might do it after work, too. That sounds like a good idea. It’s a good way to end the day.

Comment

Working...
                X