Building an indoor gym for the winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an indoor gym for the winter

I'm feeling safe in assuming that things will not be back to normal by this winter. Even if they have improved, they won't be what they were last winter. So I'm getting some items to complete a home gym. I still plan to get outside to exercise, but inside will need to do a lot of the work. I've got a strider, resistance bands, yoga gear. I'm thinking of a stationary bike or elliptical. Does anyone have either of these types of gym equipment. Would you recommend the one you have? I'm looking for quiet, small footprint and affordable as my main features aside from working well of course. I'm ok with it if it has to be plugged in or if it is battery powered as long as it can use rechargeable batteries.

I would recommended elliptical if you want more of an all body workout. Stationary bikes are good, but they tend to really focus on your lower half. Plus, I think they are quieter on the whole.

Comment

I also think an elliptical is a great choice! I don't have one but my sister does and every time I visit her I use it LOL! She used to be a treadmill person but once she made the switch to an elliptical she's never looked back and she uses it every day. It's quiet and small. I think it's great that you're going to make yourself an at-home mini gym for the winter! That's a really clever idea

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I also think an elliptical is a great choice! I don't have one but my sister does and every time I visit her I use it LOL! She used to be a treadmill person but once she made the switch to an elliptical she's never looked back and she uses it every day. It's quiet and small. I think it's great that you're going to make yourself an at-home mini gym for the winter! That's a really clever idea
        Do you find they're hard on your knees? I've been reading conflicting reports.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Do you find they're hard on your knees? I've been reading conflicting reports.
          I personally don't find it hard on my knees, but my brother, who has weaker knees due to previous injuries, finds that the machine does bother him. I think as long as you have mostly healthy knee joints it should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I personally don't find it hard on my knees, but my brother, who has weaker knees due to previous injuries, finds that the machine does bother him. I think as long as you have mostly healthy knee joints it should be fine
            I don't have knee problems. I just didn't want to cause them. I might give it a try. Thanks.

Comment

You're most welcome ! If you do try it I hope it works out great

Comment

What can you put on the floor if you want to dull noise from machines?

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
                  What can you put on the floor if you want to dull noise from machines?
                  A sturdy foam that's a couple of inches thick should work great. Sometimes they sell them at equipment stores or you can even get some from a kids toy store or a dollar store that sells those play or puzzle kid mats. I hope you know the kind I mean LOL. That stuff is cheap and works great and is also easy to wipe down

Comment

Working...
                  X