Gym stuff is so expensive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym stuff is so expensive!

Anyone else notice that gym equipment and gear is so hard to find and it's so so expensive! Is this because of everything going on? Is gym stuff the new toilet paper?

Originally posted by 1000kilowatts View Post
    Anyone else notice that gym equipment and gear is so hard to find and it's so so expensive! Is this because of everything going on? Is gym stuff the new toilet paper?
    I don't know LOL! Personally, I've never looked for it, but I guess it makes sense that it would be a popular item since you can't exactly go to the gym right now. Are you looking for something specific? Maybe it's that particular item that is hard to get.

Comment

People are gearing up for winter in lockdown. Since the next wave is coming, they're making sure they'll have what they want...and both retailers and used equipment resellers are taking advantage. All the cheaper stuff has been sold out for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
        People are gearing up for winter in lockdown. Since the next wave is coming, they're making sure they'll have what they want...and both retailers and used equipment resellers are taking advantage. All the cheaper stuff has been sold out for weeks.
        It's definitely harder to find stuff...at least any affordable stuff. I'm actually investigating new types of exercises that don't require equipment, because I can't afford any of the expensive stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

It's definitely harder to find stuff...at least any affordable stuff. I'm actually investigating new types of exercises that don't require equipment, because I can't afford any of the expensive stuff!!
          You'll probably find that you're doing just as well without equipment as you would be with it - and you'll have more money and space. I've given up on upgrading any of my gym equipment and am working with what I have.

Comment

You'll probably find that you're doing just as well without equipment as you would be with it - and you'll have more money and space. I've given up on upgrading any of my gym equipment and am working with what I have.
            Thanks! I'm hoping that's the case. I'd rather have more money and space than spend more than I want on leftover equipment I can find that isn't my first choice! I hope you enjoy working with what you and it turns out to be exactly what you need. Lately I have been taking a less is more approach with lots of things in my life and so far it seems to be working. If I keep going the rate I'm going, I
            might end up living in one of those tiny houses one day LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

Thanks! I'm hoping that's the case. I'd rather have more money and space than spend more than I want on leftover equipment I can find that isn't my first choice! I hope you enjoy working with what you and it turns out to be exactly what you need. Lately I have been taking a less is more approach with lots of things in my life and so far it seems to be working. If I keep going the rate I'm going, I
              might end up living in one of those tiny houses one day LOL.
              A less is more approach is often the best way to do just about anything. We get so bogged down in equipping ourselves after having lived in a world in which we're always given the message that we can buy ourselves to easier, happier, and more fulfilling lives. Often, it's easier, happier, and more fulfilling to save and/or donate our money and just use what we have when what we have is enough.

Comment

A less is more approach is often the best way to do just about anything. We get so bogged down in equipping ourselves after having lived in a world in which we're always given the message that we can buy ourselves to easier, happier, and more fulfilling lives. Often, it's easier, happier, and more fulfilling to save and/or donate our money and just use what we have when what we have is enough.
                Totally agree! Being satisfied with what we have is so much better than constantly trying to acquire more to fill some imaginary void we tend to think we have in our lives. The more I stop and think about what I like and what I like doing, it's always never as much as I think it is. I tend to gravitate toward the same types of clothing, foods, comforts, and exercises. When you know what you like, you know what you need and then you can start focusing on making what you need the best it can be without going overboard.

Comment

Working...
                X