• Show
Clear All

• treadmill vs ski machine

Which one's better?
    Treadmill
    22.22%
    Ski machine
    77.78%

I'm going to have to say a ski machine because in my opinion they're easier on your knees and hips

Comment

Definitely ski machine. You can get the same benefits that a treadmill gives you by running outside.

Comment

Ski Machine just sounds like it would be more fun! I say go with that one LOL

Comment

Personally, I've always like treadmills. It may not be as exciting as a ski machine but it gets the job done.

Comment

I don't know what a ski machine is, but it sound a lot more interesting than a treadmill LOL! Is it a machine that is designed to make you feel like your are cross country skiing or something like that?

Comment

Ski machine all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                Ski machine all the way!
                I would have to say ski machine (is this the second time that we have agreed, Speeddemon?). Although I think that getting outside to exercise is exponentially better than using a machine indoors, if it is between using a machine and being sedentary, then a ski machine is far better than a basic treadmill. It works out more muscles and it is far easier on the joints. I found that they also aren't as noisy, which means that you don't need to blare music into your ears in order to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
                  Ski machine all the way!
                  I would have to say ski machine (is this the second time that we have agreed, Speeddemon?). Although I think that getting outside to exercise is exponentially better than using a machine indoors, if it is between using a machine and being sedentary, then a ski machine is far better than a basic treadmill. It works out more muscles and it is far easier on the joints. I found that they also aren't as noisy, which means that you don't need to blare music into your ears in order to hear it.
                  I believe you may be right about this being the second time we’ve agreed eT...think we’ll ever make it to three?

Comment

I believe you may be right about this being the second time we’ve agreed eT...think we’ll ever make it to three?
                    I’m sure that it could be possible especially if you start to open your mind to greater truths. I am always open to agreeing with people but I won’t sacrifice my own positive energy exclusively for that purpose. I imagine that if we were to shop for exercise equipment together we might have a chance at getting along peacefully as we seem to have similar opinions in that direction. The next time you are searching for that type of device, let me know and I’ll be all ready to agree with you

Comment

Oh eT…how your positivity makes me chuckle. Perhaps we could shop for exercise equipment peacefully. The real question is would we get along if we went to the gym together?

Comment

I personally like treadmills, but not just the flat ones that just let you choose your speed. I like the ones that have programs in them and that will raise and lower. Then it's like you're going up hill and then back down on a level surface again, and at different speeds. When you vary your speed and the level of the challenge it makes a really big difference to the calories burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                          I personally like treadmills, but not just the flat ones that just let you choose your speed. I like the ones that have programs in them and that will raise and lower. Then it's like you're going up hill and then back down on a level surface again, and at different speeds. When you vary your speed and the level of the challenge it makes a really big difference to the calories burned.
                          It burns more calories but it's a lot harder on the body at the same time. I guess you need to decide what part of the balance you want

Comment

Working...
                          X