Running in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in the morning

It's dark again in the morning and there is something about it that makes running at this time feel great. It's like getting something done before the world is awake. Just be sure to watch out for wet leaves because they're slippery. But give it a try once or twice. I promise you'll be surprised at how good this feels.

I like that idea. My main problem is that as the sun takes longer to rise...so do I LOL! I find it harder to wake up even at the same time as I used to, when it's still dark out. I should try it though. I bet i'd like it like you say.

Comment

I've done this before and it was really amazing. But at some points that I still can’t track, my body stops following the regimen. For example, for several months I got up early in the morning to run before work on the street or on the treadmill, and one day I simply could not do it. Maybe accumulated tired. So now I run when I have the strength and mood

Comment

Originally posted by Donnyy View Post
        I've done this before and it was really amazing. But at some points that I still can’t track, my body stops following the regimen. For example, for several months I got up early in the morning to run before work on the street or on the treadmill, and one day I simply could not do it. Maybe accumulated tired. So now I run when I have the strength and mood
        I agree! There's something about it that I could stick to it for a certain length of time, and then it comes to an abrupt halt. So now I just do it when I feel motivated and just try to make sure I'm active overall. I think the weather plays a role. I seem to be most motivated when it's dark out in the morning and cold, but not freezing, like Speeddemon mentioned. But then if it gets too cold, warm, or light, I'm not as into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnyy View Post
          What was it that made you not able to do it that one day? Run too many days in a row? Lack of motivation suddenly?

Comment

I just can't get moving at that hour. I just can't do it. I can get up, but not exercise. Tips to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
              I just can't get moving at that hour. I just can't do it. I can get up, but not exercise. Tips to share?
              Have you tried setting everything up the night before? Your clothes, shoes, even have a light snack prepared, coffee maker set so you just have to turn it on. That way, you don't have to think about getting up to exercise. You just have to get up, do a bunch of things without even having to think about it, then just head out the door and get going. The less you have to think, the less you need motivation to get to it.

Comment

Working...
              X