Toning upper half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toning upper half

I'm interested in toning my upper half. I've lost some weight but I've got some flab left behind that I would like to get rid of. Does anyone know what exercises are best for toning the arms and torso? Is it all a matter of strength training or is it more to it than that. Also, I'd like to know some cheap ways to get rid of the flab. I don't have cash to drop on a personal trainer or the gym. Thank in advance.

It's a combination of continued cardio and strength training. Keep up the cardio to burn calories but use strength training to actually build the muscle and tone. For your core muscles (abs, obliques, back), crunches and crunches with a twist, as well as planking can go a long way.

Comment

I personally really like the old fashioned push-up. Crunches are good too.

Comment

Push-ups can be good, but if you are going to do those, make sure you do it correctly. You can easily hurt your wrists, back, arms and shoulders by doing a push-up incorrectly.

Comment

Weights are great. They are not the cheapest items to buy but they are way cheaper than a gym membership and are well worth it. A mixture of cardio and strength training is important.

Comment

If you want a toned upper half, you need to work on making your upper body strong and increase it's flexibility. As others have pointed out here this requires a combination of strength training and cardio. Concentrate on strengthening your torso.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I'll invest in some weights and start increasing my strength training and cardio. maybe by the end of the summer I'll actually look good in swim trunks LOL

Comment

Working...
              X