No announcement yet.

Is it alright to workout 7 days a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it alright to workout 7 days a week?

Is it ok if I work out seven days a week or should I be taking a couple of days to rest. I know that when you strength train you need to rest your muscles for two days, but is this the same for cardio exercise, like walking?

It is important that you give your body time to rest. It's not good for you to workout all of the time. Two days rest is good. As for walking, It won't hurt you to walk everyday, but it also won't hurt you to skip a day or two, especially if you are taking long power walks. Your muscles that you are working out need time to heal. You won't be putting yourself back if you rest from your workout routine for a couple of days. It's actually better for you in the long run. Not just for your health, but in helping you reach your goals faster. over doing it is always a bad idea.

Comment

When doing strength training and intense cardio workouts, it's a good idea to rest for two days out of the week. There is no harm in walking every day though. It's always good to head outside for a walk.

Comment

You can work out every day of the week as long as they're different workouts. You might walk every day except sunday, for example, to get your cardio, but on sunday, you might do some yoga/pilates, or exercises with weights for your arms.

Comment

I always thought you were supposed to rest a few days. Or as Bonnie said, change up your workouts. I know you're not supposed to do the exact same intense workout 7 days a week. Your muscles need time to rest. So while you are resting certain groups of muscles, you can target other ones.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'm glad I got that cleared up. What you said makes a lot of sense Bonnie.

Comment

Your body does need a few days off to rest. If you don't do it you'll quickly realize why it's a bad idea. You actually have better results and will feel stronger and better when you give your muscles time to recover.

Comment

Working...
              X