Good exercises for the workplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good exercises for the workplace

Hi. I work in an office all day, which means that most of my job is me sitting on my butt for long periods of time. Can anyone recommend some good office exercises that I could do that will be good for health and possibly (hopefully) for weight loss, that won't cause my fellow co-workers to stare at me like I've gone nuts? lol.

Get up and walk around for a couple of minutes every hour or so. Stand up and do a big stretch, reaching your hands up high above your head, just make sure not to over-extend your body so you don't pull anything. Really, the best thing you can do is get up, stretch and move around whenever you can.

Comment

While it is important to get up and mover around as much as you can, while you are sitting down you can also do a few exercises like leg stretches, ankle, arm stretches and simple exercises for your wrists and hands. If you do sit at a desk all day, chances are you work on a computer and this can be really hard on your wrists and can lead to carpal tunnel issues, something you really don't want.

Comment

Those are great exercise tips. Thanks for asking that Christysmiles! I think I'll try a few of those out tomorrow at work LOL

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. These should come in handy!

Comment

Working...
          X