How good is swimming for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is swimming for you?

One of my friends swears by swimming. He says it's the best full-body exercises that you can do. I've never been much of a swimmer, but I can see how it would be good exercise because you do need to use a lot of your muscles to do it. However, what I want to know is how good is swimming for you really? Is it as good of an exercise as he claims and does it help with weight loss?

Swimming is really good for you and it can help you lose weight, because you can burn a lot of calories swimming because you do get a full body workout. Swimming is also easier on your joints. The biggest downside to swimming is you either need to have your own pool or you need to join a gym that has one or head to a recreation center that has one. For me, as much as I think it is a great way to exercise, it's inconvenient when compared to other exercises that you can do at home.

Comment

Swimming is one of my favourite exercises, but as Lady Greenfairy already pointed out, it's not exactly the easiest way to exercise unless you've got a pool in your backyard or you have a membership to a place that has one. Also, if you really like exercising in water, I think some places offer Aqua Fit

Comment

It's especially good if you have pain in your joints. Exercising in water, even if it's not swimming, is very good for you and beneficial for weight loss.

Comment

Swimming is great for you! It lets you use your whole body of muscles without putting pressure on your joints

Comment

As everyone else pointed out, it really is great for you. It strengthens your muscles and burns calories at the same time. It's kind of like a combination of cardio and strength training. If you have the opportunity to swim, don't pass it up.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I kind of wish I had better access to a pool lol. I never though about joining an aquafit program. I might check that out.

Comment

Working...
              X