How long before you lose it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before you lose it?

I know that this is no excuse but I have been SO busy lately and I have let my exercises slide for 2 weeks and three weeks ago it was spotty. Will I be really far behind where I was if I get started again?

You may be surprised to find that you are not as far behind as you think. That said, you might not want to push yourself too hard at first. Ease back into your exercises, don't just pick up where you left off. This will help to prevent injury.

Comment

I don't think so. I think it takes longer than that before your body is out of shape. That said, just take it easy as Christysmiles suggested. The worst thing you want to do is injure yourself unnecessarily by over-challenging your body.

Comment

It takes actually longer than you think to lose it. Like everyone else has said, it's a good idea to ease back into your regular exercise routine than go full tilt, but you will likely find that much of the strength you have gained from your previous efforts are still there. It shouldn't take you too long to get back into the swing of things. you might have slowed down your progress a little, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to get back on track. You may also find that as you get back into your exercise routine you may want to pay close attention to the number of calories you ingest. Watching what you eat right now will likely help you in your efforts to get back on track with your exercise and weight loss goals.

Comment

I also think you should be fine. In my experience I've found that I could go a couple of weeks without doing anything and still be fine. I usually find if it's been a month since I've done exercises I pretty much have to start from scratch again.

Comment

It depends on how intense your exercises were and how long you'd been doing them. If you've been keeping them up for a year, a few weeks won't set you back by much. If you were already new at it, you might find that you will seem a bit rusty.

Comment

Working...
            X