Is dancing good exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is dancing good exercise?

I was wondering if dancing is good exercise. Do you burn a lot of calories dancing and can you actually build any muscle? What type of exercise benefits does dancing provide. Does anyone know?

Yes! Depending on the type of dance you can probably burn a lot of calories and you do move different parts of your body. Over time I'm sure you'd build strength in the joints that you use and you'd certain increase you range of motion. If you like dancing, I say go for it! It can be a lot of fun, too.

Comment

Yes it is! I love dancing & it is a great way 2 but calories. There r all different kinds of dances that u can do 2. Ive tried all sorts of dance classes including ballroom salas & even belly dancing lol! Try a bunch of different ones. Just make sure that the ones u pick make u move & work up a sweat.

Comment

It is! Just choose something upbeat and, like any exercise, be careful. It's easy to twist or bend the wrong way depending on what dance you are doing. Always ease into your activities.

Comment

It can be good exercise. I also find house cleaning good exercise, especially if you put on some upbeat music and really get into it lol

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if I'll join a dance class, but can anyone recommend a good at-home dance workout?

Comment

Beachbody has a lot of good at-home dvd-based dance-oriented exercises. I really like the one called "Rockin' Body" but there are lots of others. If you do a search in Google it should give you a whole bunch that you can choose from. Some are pretty cheap and most can be purchased online. Lots of them are "As Seen on TV products".

Comment

Sure it is! And you can vary the level of it depending on the dance you do. If you're being very slow and graceful, it's better for flexibility and balance. If you really get your boogie on, then it's fantastic cardio

Comment

Working...
                X