10,000 Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 Steps

My friend does this diet program called The Step Diet and the goal of this diet is to eventually walk 10,000 steps a day. I recently got a pedometer and I tried walking 10.000 steps and so far the closest I've gotten is 7,000 steps. It's actually really hard to do! Has anyone ever reached 10,000 steps? If yes, what is your secret? How did you do it!

It's something you have to work up to over time. It took me about a month to reach 10,000 steps. I also find it way easier to make that goal in the warmer months. It's hard to do it in nastier weather.

Comment

It is a gradual process, just like any exercise. You need to build strength and endurance. You can't push for it all at once because even if you manage to achieve it you won't keep up with it because you'll likely only stress out your body. 10,000 steps is an awesome goal and is definitely something you should work towards because it is highly achievable. Also, don't forget that all steps count, whether you are walking outside, on a treadmill or walking around in your home. You'll find it a lot easier to record how many steps you take with a pedometer.

Comment

I've read about the step diet and it looks interesting. I would defintiely give it a try. I also think that reaching 10,000 steps simply takes time. It is something you build up to. Try it and don't give up.

Comment

Thanks for all of your opinions. I think you're all right in that it's something you can only achieve gradually. I'm just amazed at how long it takes. You would think that you could easily walk 10,000 steps in a day but its clearly not as easy to pull off as i thought. Apparently I'm a lot more sedentary than I realized. It's been quite the eye-opening discovery.

Comment

Working...
          X