The Exercise of Meditation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exercise of Meditation

I think that more people should learn to be mindful and to meditate but that these practices are not getting enough credit. An increasing number of businesses are encouraging their employees to take part in yoga, meditation, and mindfulness exercises because of the very positive impact that it has on mental, spiritual, and physical health.

The benefit isn’t just that you feel calmer after you do it. That is just a jumping off point. Meditating can help you think more clearly. It can make you more motivated and can encourage the flow of positive energy throughout your body. That may not sound like much until you actually experience it. Suddenly, you will have the drive that you need to be able to achieve your goals, and you will have the clarity that you require to come up with the right steps that you need to bring yourself there.

While meditation may not burn off all that many calories, it can help to make sure that you have the willpower and the motivation to eat right and to get up and do those exercise, when you would otherwise feel like giving up or cheating a little bit.

I've never really been big on meditation, but I think that's because I've never really been able to do it properly. I find that when I try to calm my mind, all it does is wander. How do you stop your mind from wandering when you meditate?

Comment

I was never a fan of meditation, but once I got into it I discovered the huge benefit it can have. It makes me feel positive and is refreshing.

Tony1968 - The trick is you need to focus on the meditation. Meditation isn't just a matter of closing your eyes and listening to some calming music. You may enjoy meditation that provides instruction, such as those that instruct you to visualize things.

Comment

This is very good information envirotodd. I completely agree with u! Could u share with us where u like to engage in meditation? Is there a certain spot where u find u meditate best?

Comment

Any place that you find to be peaceful is good for meditation. I’m sure that “experts” can try to do it just about anywhere, but for the rest of us, it is a good idea to find a place that will offer as little distraction or discomfort as possible. I like to find a peaceful place outside when things are calm in the spring, summer, and fall, because I like the feeling of fresh air and of being closer to “nature” (at least in my urban imagination).

But in the winter, I just try to make sure that I am in a room that is a comfortable temperature, that won’t have people coming in and out, and that will give me the most protection from sounds both inside and outside my home. That way, I can lose myself in it instead of thinking about what is happening around me.

Comment

Those r some very good tips envirotodd. I agree with u that it needs 2 be somewhere quiet. It is hard 2 do it when u are distracted. Personally id love 2 meditate on a beach.

Comment

Working...
            X