When it the best time to exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it the best time to exercise?

Does anyone know when is the ideal time to exercise during the day? Does it actually matter when you exercise (ex. morning, afternoon, evening, after eating, before eating, etc.) I'm also wondering if it is better to exercise more than once a day.

I think the best time to exercise is right in the morning. But I also think it's good to exercise more than once a day.

Comment

I agree with Jokerswild, i'm pretty sure that the best time to exercise is in the morning. I think its good for your metabolism, like it gives it a boost or charges it or something so it works better for the rest of the day. That said, I think as long as you spend some time exercising everyday that's what is most important. I would recommend that you exercise at that time of the day that works best for you and your schedule.

Comment

The morning is always best. It is good 2 exercise not long after u wake up. Make sure u also eat the right foods 2 compliment ur workout so u have enough energy.

Comment

The best time to exercise is whenever you can fit it in, as long as it is at the same time every day. This gives you the chance to make it a regular part of your routine, to keep yourself driven to keep at it, and to ensure that you are going to be able to eat, rehydrate, etc. appropriately. For example, a lot of people like to exercise in the morning because then they can shower, eat breakfast and get going. Other people like to exercise right after work because they can then relax and have dinner for the rest of their day. It’s whatever time works for you, as long as you keep it up.

Comment

I agree with everyone else that you should exercise whenever you can best fit it into your lifestyle. What matters the most is that you exercise!

Comment

While any time you can exercise is the best time, I have heard that the morning is a really good time to exercise because it helps to kick-start your metabolism. I have no idea if that is true or not. I've always exercised in the morning, so I wouldn't know if this is true or not. Personally I find when I exercise when I get up, I'm off to a good start. It also means I don't have to worry about exercising later when I might not want to, but that if I do, it's bonus activity so I always feel proud of myself. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

I also think the morning is best, but whenever you can fit it in is what is most realistic.

Comment

Thanks for all of your opinions. I think I'm going to try to aim for the morning, but really just focus on making sure I work exercise into some point during the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X