Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you lose a lot of weight jumping rope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you lose a lot of weight jumping rope?

Did anyone else enjoy skipping when they were a kid? I was wondering, can you lose a lot of weight by jumping rope and does it provide you with any other benefits aside from burning calories?

Sure! It's a very good cardio workout and it is good for your legs and arms. Try to do more than just jumping up and down. Run as you do it or jump from side to side. That lets you work more muscle groups.

Comment

I agree with MadMike, just jumping up and down isn't the best way to really burn off the calories, you'd be better doing off jumping jacks in that case. Try doing different moves to keep it interesting and to keep yourself going. It will work out the muscles you are using, but repeatedly jumping can be tough on your knees and ankles. Make sure you wear the power footwear for support.

Comment

I don't think you would necessarily lose a lot of weight jumping rope. I mean, I don't think it's bad for you either, but it's more likely something you would work into your regular exercise routine. What I mean is, I don't think you will only find major weight loss success by jumping rope. That being said, I think it would be a fun way to burn some calories

Comment

Thanks everyone. So far I'me enjoying jumping rope, so I think I'm going to stick to it for a while. I guess whatever motivates you to burn calories is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
          X