Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't exercises that are supposed to target certain areas of your body work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't exercises that are supposed to target certain areas of your body work?

I'm starting to get really frustrated with the promise that certain exercise routines/workouts make. Those that say they will blast fat off of your stomach or will tone your thighs and butt are never true! If I want to get rid of the fat around my middle, who do I go about doing that? Does anyone have an exercise suggestion that I could try? Thanks.

The reason is that because when you’re working out, you’re burning calories so that fats come off of your whole entire body. If you could see the muscles underneath, you’d be toning specific muscles, but when it comes to fat loss, it occurs everywhere, nto specifically where you workout.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
      The reason is that because when you’re working out, you’re burning calories so that fats come off of your whole entire body. If you could see the muscles underneath, you’d be toning specific muscles, but when it comes to fat loss, it occurs everywhere, nto specifically where you workout.

That's exactly it! Well said, TinaDancer. Wolfmoon, before you can tone any part of your body, you just need to get rid of the fat, so don't worry about losing fat in one area of your body because it won't happen. Concentrate on losing fat as a whole.

Comment

...so, if I just keep working out to lose the fat, I'll just lose it everywhere, but if I want to tone a certain part of my body there are exercises I can do that will target these areas? Is that what you're saying? Essentially, you can't target fat loss but you can target muscle building? If that is the case, I guess that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
          ...so, if I just keep working out to lose the fat, I'll just lose it everywhere, but if I want to tone a certain part of my body there are exercises I can do that will target these areas? Is that what you're saying? Essentially, you can't target fat loss but you can target muscle building? If that is the case, I guess that makes sense.
          That sounds about right to me.

Comment

Working...
          X