Winter activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter activities

Since brightstar asked the snowshoeing question, I've been wondering which winter sports/activities cause you to burn the most calories. Does anyone know?

Any sports that give you a good cardio workout are great for burning calories. I live in LA so I don't really have the snow factor to contend with so you could do anythign from running to swimming to burn lots of calories. Kepe a positive attitude and use intervals of slower movements and intense movements to burn the most calories. If you want snow based sports I would guess that skating, snowshoeing, snowboarding and skiing would be best since you can go from lower intensity to higher intensity movements with all of those.

Comment

Walking! I know that sounds lame but have you tried walking in the snow? If you go half as far it takes the same length of time and you get way more cardio, especially when the shifty stuff is underfoot!

Comment

I agree with KraftMan. Walking really will be quite the workout. It's a lot harder to walk in snow than you might realize haha.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          Any sports that give you a good cardio workout are great for burning calories. I live in LA so I don't really have the snow factor to contend with so you could do anythign from running to swimming to burn lots of calories. Kepe a positive attitude and use intervals of slower movements and intense movements to burn the most calories. If you want snow based sports I would guess that skating, snowshoeing, snowboarding and skiing would be best since you can go from lower intensity to higher intensity movements with all of those.

Haha yeah I do know you get quite the workout from walking. Thanks for letting me know about the rest of these winter activities enviroTodd. I think I'm going to actually try snowboarding for the first time. I don't know why but it seems safer than skiing to me for some reason haha.

Comment

Working...
          X