memory foam shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory foam shoes

I've been considering a pair of cross trainers with memory foam insoles. They're REALLY comfortable when I put them on but are they just for standing or exercising, too?

I don't see why they wouldn't be for exercising. If they're designed for exercise then I think if they've got the perk of memory foam this makes them even nicer for your feet. I just have one question? Where can I find a pair?? hahaha!

Comment

Oh memory foam! That stuff is so blissful...I love my memory foam pillow and slippers haha. But to answer your question Whirlybird, of course memory foam cross trainers can be good for exercising. In fact they may help to keep your feet happier by reducing their stress and fatigue. That said, not every fitness shoe that advertises it has memory foam is going to be a good for your feet. Like any athletic shoe that you purchase, you need to make sure the total shoe design will provide you with the precise support you specifically need for your type of foot (ex. arch support, ankle support, breathe-ability, flexibility, shock absorption, etc.). In other words, the type of shoe that may be best for your feet may include memory foam or they might not. However, I hope that you do find a great pair of shoes with memory foam

Comment

You're exactly right, BabyButtons. There are good memory foam shoes and bad ones. They're also probably not the best as cross trainers in my opinion. The reason is that they are very light and stable but I wouldn't say that they are appropriate for enough different kinds of exercise to actually call them cross trainers. I think they'd be good shoes for standing. They would probably be good shoes for walking because they're as light as they are. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they'd be good for running or strength training with weights. They give your feet support but not a lot of cushioning as far as I understand it. Also, I don't think memory foam is recyclable.

Comment

Personally I think memory foam is overrated. I mean, if you like the shoes great, but I'd focus more on what a shoe brings to the entirety of your feet and body based on the exercise/fitness you're performing. Just because something feel's comfortable when you stand on it doesn't mean much. How good is the shock absorption and stability of the shoe. I'd be concerned that those who pump the memory foam feature of a shoe are hoping to rope people in simply because this is a component of the shoe and people associate memory foam with comfort.

Comment

Working...
          X