how often are rests necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often are rests necessary?

I go for two long walks every day. They’re each around 45-ish minutes and I love them. I don’t feel like I’m sore at all even though I’m pretty brisk about it but a friend told me I shouldn’t be walking that often but that I should take 2 days off of walking every week. Do I really have to cut back?

I would listen to what your body is telling you more than what you're friend is telling you in this particular case. If you feel fine and your body has no discomfort, I don't see why you need to stop what you're doing. That said, if your body feels sore or sensitive in certain places, giving yourself a couple days of rest is probably a good idea. You can always star by cutting down to one walk on two days instead of doing two, if you want to lighten up your exercise a bit without stopping it (as long as you're not hurting).

Comment

Great, thanks. I was just afraid that if I started to feel a bit of pain then it would mean that I was already hurting myself. I guess a little isn't bad as long as I don’t push it.

Comment

Working...
      X