using weather as an excuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using weather as an excuse

It’s been hot as he** where I live and I’ve been using it as an excuse not to walk for the last few weeks. Suddenly, I think my knees are getting weaker. They feel awful. Can I have lost my strength in that little time?

I think that you definitely might be losing some of the strength you built up but I don't think you've lost all of it in a couple of weeks. Exactly how many weeks have you not be exercising? If it's been a good month where you've done absolutely nothing, than, yeah, it might feel like you'll be starting from scratch again when you ease back into your regular exercise routine. That said, do keep in mind that if you are worried that your knees are getting weaker, this could also be in your head a little bit. I mean your worries might make you think that you're knees are getting weaker and they're not.

To be on the safe side, you can always do some light indoor exercises to help maintain the strength of your muscles and joints, even if you can't walk

Comment

You probably lost a bit of strength but I don't think you should be getting that weak. As TeensyTiff said, you can always do some exercise if you're really worried about losing the strength you've gained. There are plenty of ways to stay cool and active without having to walk in the heat. Don't let hot outside weather be an excuse for not exercising....okay, this only applies if you have air conditioning. If you don't and your home is just as hot inside as it is outside...then go ahead and make the heat your reason for not exercising haha.

Comment

YOu could try looking up some knee strengthening exercises online and do them to help to build up the knee support There are certain exercises for that. Regular exercise is the best, but if you need to build back up you can do ones that focus on it specifically

Comment

Originally posted by KraftMan View Post
          YOu could try looking up some knee strengthening exercises online and do them to help to build up the knee support There are certain exercises for that. Regular exercise is the best, but if you need to build back up you can do ones that focus on it specifically

I agree with KraftMan. It's best to just focus on building strength in your knee specifically instead of worrying about your whole boy. Eventually you'll get back out there ans start exercising. For now. Worry about the jon that you want to keep strong and healthy..

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. That's what I'll do. IT's still hot out. I can't believe this summer!

Comment

Working...
            X