How to get started with yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get started with yoga

I really want to get started doing yoga on a regular basis. I want to do it most days if I can. At least 3 times a week. But I don't know how to get started. Are videos online good enough? I don't want to go to a class. If that's the case, I just know I won't keep it up. I just want a few moves to help my body and mind and that I can keep doing. What should I do?

I say just get a video that has received good customer reviews. Choose a video created by a well-known and experienced instructor and be sure to get the one that is for beginners only. I hate videos that combine both beginner and intermediate workouts because I feel like the instructor is putting emphasis on the intermediate exercises than the beginner ones. You really don't need to go to a class to get a quality workout. It's all about picking the video that's right for you. That said, I do recommend you buy a video and don't just follow any fool on YouTube because it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
      I say just get a video that has received good customer reviews. Choose a video created by a well-known and experienced instructor and be sure to get the one that is for beginners only. I hate videos that combine both beginner and intermediate workouts because I feel like the instructor is putting emphasis on the intermediate exercises than the beginner ones. You really don't need to go to a class to get a quality workout. It's all about picking the video that's right for you. That said, I do recommend you buy a video and don't just follow any fool on YouTube because it's free.

I actually disagree. I think you can find some good videos on YouTube. I'm not saying that you should just follow anyone, but there are videos of actual professional instructors on there. If you can get it for free, why not?

Comment

You definitely don't need to go to a class Bethie! A video will do just find. It really is just finding something you like and liking the instructor who teaches it. As long as you start with a beginner video you should be fine. I also agree with Janet, if you can find what you like for free on YouTube, go for it. There's a lot of crap out there but there's a lot of good stuff, too.

Comment

Look at the reviews before you pick your youtube video. that'll help you to know if its' good or not. People don't hesitate to give their opinions.

Comment

There are lots of great videos! You really don't need to go to a class if you know what you want to do. That said, if you feel completely at a loss when it comes to Yoga, I would actually recommend heading to a class to at least learn the basics and making sure the moves are right. If you don't want to go alone, drag a friend along

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
              There are lots of great videos! You really don't need to go to a class if you know what you want to do. That said, if you feel completely at a loss when it comes to Yoga, I would actually recommend heading to a class to at least learn the basics and making sure the moves are right. If you don't want to go alone, drag a friend along
              I completely agree...especially about dragging a friend along haha

Comment

Working...
              X