what's my 2017 whole body workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's my 2017 whole body workout?

I’m looking for a new kind of exercise to add to my mix so I can get a better workout for my whole body and burn more fat. I walk very fast, I swim on occasion and I ride a bike on occasion. I need something I can do more regularly. Any suggestions?

You could build to running

Comment

I agree with Bruce. You could build to running because you seem to like cardio. You could also try Yoga or even Pilates. They will give you a full body workout and help to increase your range of motion and your body's strength. This type of fitness can provide you with different benefits.

Comment

Yeah, I'd recommend adding a bit of strength training in there to shake thing up a bit. This will also help to tone your body so when you lose the fat, you'll have some muscle underneath

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get hand weights or something to get strength training going. I always think of workouts for burning fat in terms of cardio. I gotta remember that strength training means something too.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            Thanks guys. I'll see if I can get hand weights or something to get strength training going. I always think of workouts for burning fat in terms of cardio. I gotta remember that strength training means something too.

I completely know what you mean MadMike. I have to remind myself about strength training, too. When I want to drop pounds I always thinking about working up a sweat through cardio. I also associate weight lifting with building muscle and exercises like pilates or yoga as flexibility improvement. I never think of these exercises as also beneficial for weight loss.

Comment

same can be said about flexibility and anti-stress workouts like yoga and pilates. Sure, you're not burning through a huge number of calories, but you're putting your body in the right place for health and weight loss when you do the rest of your workouts.

Comment

Working...
              X