best exercise when you're tired and sore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best exercise when you're tired and sore

I have been SO busy lately but I don't want to give up on exercising. I'm tired and I'm sore (achy) most of the time these days, just from constantly being on the go. WHat exercises should I be doing to keep healthy and burning fat?

I honestly think walking and some moderate and regular stretching would be good for your muscles. Improving circulation and gently moving aching joints can make a huge difference to healing. That said, there is a fine balance. You need to make sure you keep exercising to a minimum and avoid high-intensity stuff. It's important to move and stretch the parts that hurt, but you also don't want to damage them further by overworking them.

Comment

Definitely yoga. Improving flexibility will help. When you're feeling a little better, I'd also recommend that you engage in a bit of strength training. The worst thing you can do is to not move your muscles at all. Even if it hurts a bit if you move, you'll feel better after! Don't baby your sore body. Be gentle but don't let yourself get inactive and tense. That won't help with healing, it will actually prolong it.

Comment

Yoga is certainly good for stretching out muscles and giving yourself energy. That said, swimming can also be great for you because it's cardio, which will wake you up, and it is easy on the joints so it won't make joint soreness worse for you. When I'm feeling especially tired, I do floor work while watching TV. That way, I can at least distract myself with the show or movie.

Comment

I agree with enviroTodd. Swimming really is one of the best things that you can do when you're feeling a little sore and you're worried about over-stressing your joints or you muscles.

Comment

I think anything you can motivate yourself to do is good. Any workout is better than no workout. So if you're tired and sore, tell yourself that you have to do SOMETHING and then do it.

Comment

Working...
            X