Healthy Salad Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Salad Dressing

Hi Y’all. I’m a big salad lover, but as much as I love eating crisp fresh veggies, I also like the salad dressing that is used. However, I know that salad dressing can have a lot of fat and other bad stuff in it that can make salad less healthy and not be beneficial to weight loss. I have a great salad dressing tip for all of you who want to enjoy something tasty that doesn’t destroy the benefits of a salad.

Toss your salad with olive oil and one tablespoon of any of your favorite vinegar-based dressings. Vinegar has a fat-reducing effective and the healthy fat that is in olive oil actually helps to make you feel fuller for longer.

You can also make your own healthy salad dressing for a lot cheaper by combining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You can always add berries to it or garlic or ginger if you want to alter the flavor. That gets all of the benefits without the extra sugar, bad fat, and sodium from the packaged products.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
      You can also make your own healthy salad dressing for a lot cheaper by combining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You can always add berries to it or garlic or ginger if you want to alter the flavor. That gets all of the benefits without the extra sugar, bad fat, and sodium from the packaged products.
      I agree enviroTodd. I actually love olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. It's cheap, easy and doesn't have all the added junk.

Comment

Sounds good Jenny R. Does anyone have a healthy salad dressing that doesn't use vinegar? I'm not really a big fan of the taste of vinegar. I find it overpowering and too tangy.

Comment

I think that they pretty much all use vinegar. If you make it yourself you could use lemon juice instead of vinegar, though. That provides a bit of acidic stuff to cut through the oil, without giving that vinegary taste.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
            I think that they pretty much all use vinegar. If you make it yourself you could use lemon juice instead of vinegar, though. That provides a bit of acidic stuff to cut through the oil, without giving that vinegary taste.
            That's a really good idea. If you use a very light oil like an extra extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice would probably be enough to cut it.

Comment

Yup, lemon juice works, too. You really can't add any other ingredients, especially those that will make it creamer, because unfortunately that's where all the fat comes in.

Comment

Thanks! I never thought of using lemon juice. I'll give that a try I really enjoy lemons. Maybe it will ever work well with lime. I'm going to get experimental tonight haha

Comment

Working...
                X