bulgar and quinoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulgar and quinoa

I was wondering if bulgar and quinoa are carbs and if they are healthy carbs. I see them a lot in health food sections but I don't really know much about them. Do they taste good? Also, what do you mostly eat them with and are they a good vegetarian food?

They are great vegetarian foods. They're both types of grains as far as I know. They do both contain carbs but quinoa also contains protein. It's a complete protein - which is really rare in grains - so it's great for vegetarians. I personally think they taste good. I like them together actually. Quinoa has a kind of nutty flavor and it's these little round beads which is a weird texture that you get used to. I don't like it too much all on its own but when it's mixed with other grains and veggies, it's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
      They are great vegetarian foods. They're both types of grains as far as I know. They do both contain carbs but quinoa also contains protein. It's a complete protein - which is really rare in grains - so it's great for vegetarians. I personally think they taste good. I like them together actually. Quinoa has a kind of nutty flavor and it's these little round beads which is a weird texture that you get used to. I don't like it too much all on its own but when it's mixed with other grains and veggies, it's very good.
      Hmm. That's really interesting Bethie. I had no idea what either of those foods tasted like and now I"m kinda intrigued. I might just try these as a side dish. I find that sometimes it's a struggle to find a side I like that isn't rice or potatoes haha. Is it really bland tasting though?

Comment

Working...
      X