Top healthy sides for Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top healthy sides for Thanksgiving

I'm in charge of hosting Thanksgiving and I want to add a few low-cal and health appetizers or sides to the meal. Not gonna lie, we're gonna have all the usual turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, but I wouldn't mind adding something that's not so full of fat and heavy. Any suggestions? Also, I'm not looking for obvious suggestions like a "serve a side of vegetables". Let me know what you guys do

Brussels sprouts are fantastic. They may make you think "meh" but if you cook them in a bit of fresh squeezed orange juice in a pan, it will change the whole thing. The caramelized citrus flavor changes everything. Make lots. People will want more!

Comment

What about carrots? They're so traditional. Boil them up and add salt and pepper. Good to go!

Comment

my family left the marshmallows out of the sweet potato bake this year. I feel like that was a good way to get lots of fiber and nutrients and drop the extra sugar. We put bread crumbs and onions on top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
          my family left the marshmallows out of the sweet potato bake this year. I feel like that was a good way to get lots of fiber and nutrients and drop the extra sugar. We put bread crumbs and onions on top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese instead.
          Oh my gosh that sounds so goooood! I'm going to do this for Christmas Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
          X