Holiday leftovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday leftovers

Looking for diet friendly recipes that use leftover turkey. Everything I can find online looks like it is huge in fats and calories.

I say make a turkey soup out of your leftovers. If you kept the carcass, make a stock out of it. You can add the meat to the soup and pack it full of veggies. Let it sit in the slow cooker all day or make it on the stove. If you make a huge amount, you can even freeze the soup you don’t eat so you have lunches and dinners for another time. Other easy ways is to add a bit of your leftover turkey to salads or even veggie stirfrys

Comment

mmmm, I just love turkey leftovers!! Mstark334 has some good tips. U can also use turkey as a pizza topping in pasta in cassaroles in quesadilas in wraps & sandwiches. 2 make it healthy be sure to use lots of veggies & make sure breads & pastas r whole grain & watch ur portion sizes. A little bit can really go a long way if u want it 2!

Comment

Don't forget that the bones are leftovers too. Use them to make your own turkey stock and then use the little bits of meat leftovers along with onions and veggies to make an awesome soup.

Comment

Hello!
          You can also make a stock but not make a soup out of it. Freeze it and later when you're not sick of the taste of turkey, you can use that to cook rice in.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
            Don't forget that the bones are leftovers too. Use them to make your own turkey stock and then use the little bits of meat leftovers along with onions and veggies to make an awesome soup.
            Thanks for this tip MadMike. I never thought about using the bones. I guess they would have a lot of flavor

Comment

Working...
            X