Superfood recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superfood recipes

I’m trying to work more superfoods into my diet. I naturally seem to include them into my foods in the summer, but in the winter, I don’t find that I’m adding as many onto each of my plates. Can anyone suggest some great ways to use their favorite superfoods that will be appealing in cold weather? As much as I love fruit salads with blueberries etc in the summer, that’s not as appealing in winter. I am talking about organic kale, beets, organic broccoli, that kind of thing. Please and thank you.

If you just do a stir fry of all of your favorite superfoods, you'll be able to get a lot of them in there and not have to do anything fancy. Consider a stir fry starting with diced beets, then when they're close to getting soft, add broccoli. Add some orange bell pepper and top with toasted sliced almonds. If you have a lean protein with this, you'll be satisfied and very healthy!

Comment

You may also want to try veggie casseroles or bakes or making a crustless quiche with your favorite superfoods. I know what you mean how cold foods don't appeal in the winter. When it's cold out you don't really want to put something cold in your mouth.

Comment

What about a nice hearty stew? Toss all of your favourite superfoods in a slow cooker or a big pot on the stove and let them simmer. Stews are a great way to eat warm food that's got a lot of flavour without you losing any of the nutrients.

Comment

Working...
        X