winter blues recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter blues recipe

I think anyone in the northern hemisphere can agree that this winter stinks. Can anyone think of a really good tasting, winter blues busting recipe that won't ruin a diet?

Personally I like chicken stirfry or chicken fajitas. They both contain a lot of vegetables (because what you add is up to you). You can use brown rice for the stirfry and wholegrain wraps for the fajitas. Chicken is optional of course, you can go just veggie if you are a vegetarian or you want to take out the extra calories. If you're looking for a protein alternative, use beans instead of chicken. Sometimes I make a black bean paste and use that in my wraps instead of using meat. It's a pretty good substitute. Essentially the more colour you can add to a meal and the more light, easy and fun you can make it the better it will be.

Comment

What is your favorite summer recipe? Any time I want to beat the blues, I eat food that I enjoy which reminds me of happier times. If you're yearning for the summer, eat a yummy summer dish and listen to your favorite summer tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
        What is your favorite summer recipe? Any time I want to beat the blues, I eat food that I enjoy which reminds me of happier times. If you're yearning for the summer, eat a yummy summer dish and listen to your favorite summer tunes.
        I'd say that this is a good idea, except that my favorite summer recipe is home made sorbet out of frozen berries...BRR!!!

Comment

LOL! Ya I could see that a frozen berry sorbet may not bring you much comfort when it's freezing out, Brightstar hahaha. Maybe instead of your favourite meal, think of other summer recipes you like that won't freeze you

Comment

Working...
          X