Sugar alternatives for baking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar alternatives for baking

Looking to cut back on the amount of sugar I'm using for the sweet stuff at this time of year. Do any alternatives really work or is it really just a matter of sticking to the original instructions?

In some recipes, apple sauce is all you need. Just choose an unsweetened option when you do, otherwise you're adding sugar anyway. It also works as an egg substitute in some cases.

Comment

My sister started using erythritol in all her baking. It's not quite the same, but it is pretty close. I think I'd half the sugar and replace the other half with erythritol. That would probably work better than what she's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
        My sister started using erythritol in all her baking. It's not quite the same, but it is pretty close. I think I'd half the sugar and replace the other half with erythritol. That would probably work better than what she's doing.
        Definitely if you're going to use erythritol in your baking, only replace half the sugar. If you replace the whole thing, everything tastes like medicine. All your favorite Christmas treats will be like a punishment.

Comment

Working...
        X