Are healthy restaurant meals healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are healthy restaurant meals healthy?

I've basically heard that one of the fastest ways to lose weight is to reduce the amount of take-out you get and the number of meals you eat in restaurants. Those dishes are high in refined carbs, unhealthy fats and salt. But what about the healthy meals? If I get a pan seared salmon with vegetables and rice, is that really a healthy meal if it's coming from a restaurant? Is it as healthy as if I made it myself? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Some are. Like, if you get a salad without taco chips or deep fried/breaded fish or chicken, then you're getting a ton of veggies and it's just a matter of your choice of dressing. The rest of the food depends on how it's cooked and how much of it you eat. A lot of restaurants add a lot of salt and sugar even to healthy food, to make it taste better. Just remember that portion size counts even with the healthiest restaurant meals.

Comment

THey are as long as you choose the meals with the right ingredients and the right balance. Sure. Food is food. If it's healthy, it's healthy.

Comment

Working...
      X